Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cairn Christian Church

I thought I'd just post on a visit I made back in October. I visited Cairn Christian Church. My old youth minister referenced me to it. It was a Disciples of Christ Church, the same denomination that I grew up apart of. It was a great experience. Especially just being a matter of weeks into college, it was comforting to go to an experience that was familiar to me, Sunday church service.

it wasn't the 600 people, the full 60+ person choir, the massive organ, the wide, endless rows in the sanctuary, and the enormous building I was used to. Sure it was all different, but it was familiar. We still had communion. There was still a welcoming, friendly community. I think I may have met everybody in there that day (But that's not saying much, as there were probably no more than 30 people present). Nonetheless, it was the tradition, the environment, and the experience that was familiar to me.

It was really great. And if only the church weren't 30 minutes away by bus, I'd go more often. Maybe when I have a car, I'll get that luxury. That Sunday service for me is just a pleasant and comforting constant in my life, and I'm definitely looking forward to summer to be in that position again (as well as the opportunity to hang out with friends and family and not do schoolwork for months). It's a great church, everybody should check it out! Here's their church website: http://www.cairnchristianchurch.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment