Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Homosexuality in the Bible

Homosexuality in the Bible. It's a big topic. BIG. And it's unpopular to be on the side that opposes gay marriage. Many people tend to think that those people are crazy, psychotic religious groups. And although there is a portion of that side made up by those types of people, there are also some who look at the Bible with an understanding of the historical, metaphorical and contextual context yet still do not condone gay marriage. One of my best friends has that mindset, and he sent me an article that nicely wraps up the other side of this argument with a balanced, respectful, and intelligent perspective on Biblical evidence that points to why the right for gays to marry is receiving such criticism.

Something I just want to mention quickly about the side that condemns gay marriage: That decision is not based on some sort of belief to keep homosexuals from gaining equal rights. It is a decision based on love, and trying to prevent people from doing things against the will of God. I'm no expert, but I do think I have a decent grasp on that side of the argument, and I think that's a really important point to understand, even if you don't choose to read the article. But definitely read it, so you can understand much better too!

So anyway, I urge y'all to check it out, it's a fantastic article and a really good look at that side of the argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment