Thursday, February 21, 2013

Jesus Action Figures

I  stumbled upon the greatest find today: JESUS ACTION FIGURES.

Some just portray Jesus in robes, similar to the Jesus character found in the Gospel:

Others present Jesus as a part of our American culture:


My favorite of all though is definitely...
SURFER JESUS.

They may just be silly action figures, but what does it say about us? I can imagine that a lot of people might be offended by these. Those with a really strong relationship with Jesus might see these things as idols that completely insult and disrespect their Lord and Savior. In my opinion, I think it reflects the American culture that is pretty lax about religion, and specifically Christianity. It seems that people are more interested in the historical Jesus than his purpose. Ultimately, I think people are entertained by the story of Jesus, but not captivated by it. And as a result, well...we get this:





No comments:

Post a Comment